Bus Benches & Shelters
Billboard Bus Shelter in Dunedin - Eller Media is advertising itself as an ugly Road Hog. An apt description of the effect advertising has when used in public bus shelters. It is advertising that can't be turned off and often in on the public right-of-way at drivers' eye level. In the Clearwater Florida area such advertisements rent for $500 per month for a 24 square foot sign.
Bus Benches with advertising often are justified as a public service to the bus rider. Below are two such benches in areas where there are no bus stops. This exists despite a Pinellas County ordinance which allows advertising benches only at bus stops. Enforcement of bus bench advertising is usually easy because a real bus stop has a bus stop sign erected by the transit authority.
- Some Arguments Against Bus Bench & Shelter Advertising
- [placeholder for Bus Bench Advertising Criticized in Jacksonville]
- [placeholder for Nominal Costs for Scenic Beauty]
- [placeholder for The Industry's Arguments]
- [placeholder for The Choice: In Your Face Advertising or Public Beauty?]
Some photographs on this page are copyright by Steve Vaughn, and used here with permission.
Please visit www.stevevaughn.com