What is the Florida Scenic Highways Program?
It’s a grass-roots effort to heighten awareness of our State’s historical and intrinsic resources (cultural, recreational, natural, archaeological, historical and scenic) which collectively, enhance the overall traveling experience. Program participation provides benefits to the community, such as resource preservation, enhancement and protection.
Who can participate in the program?
Anyone with an interest in their community can participate in this voluntary program, including citizens, civic groups, businesses and governments. As with any grass-roots effort, organization is key. Therefore, interested parties must form a Corridor Advocacy Group to help foster community support, form strong partnerships and develop the necessary documentation.
What are the benefits?
There are numerous benefits to program participation:
- Showcases and protects natural resources
- Helps establish community vision
- Enhances the travel experience (for tourists, as well as residents)
- Improves quality of life
- Increases community pride and recognition
- Promotes tourism and economic development
- Encourages community partnering
- Tells Florida’s story, while providing education and an appreciation of history
To learn more about the Florida Scenic Highways Program, click here:
Who are they?
Dean Stoddart and Wanda Maloney
Florida Scenic Highways Program Administrators
Where are these highways?
For an interactive map that allows you to explore by region, please see Our Highways.